Head of People – [CLOSED 15/11/2021]
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced people leader with expertise in people operations, to work in our values-based business.
- Part-time 0.6 FTE role, with the ability to flex up to full-time for the right candidate.
- Melbourne based, however, we would consider flexible working arrangements, including being performed anywhere within Australia.
Our mission is to strive to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Yep, we’re those guys, we work hard to ensure mums, dads, brothers, sisters and (big) children arrive home from work daily, so they can live life to the fullest.
To support this mission, we started Action OHS Consulting and then realised that we could empower businesses to manage safety independently, if they had technology that was built to suit them. That’s why we built Safety Champion, which today, co-exists side by side with Action OHS Consulting as sister companies. Collectively, both businesses employ 26 employees, with double digit growth in our headcount in 2021.
With our team continuing to grow, we’re looking for an experienced Head of People who is excited to roll up their sleeves to develop and implement our people strategy to set our team up for success as we continue to grow.
You’ll lead our efforts to build all elements of our employee lifecycle which includes finding, developing and retaining the best talent, and continue to evolve our great culture. You will play a key role in contributing to the direction and growth of our business.
Our preference is to have this role based in Melbourne, however, we would consider flexible working arrangements, including being performed anywhere within Australia.
We see this as being a part-time 0.6 FTE role, with the ability to flex up to full-time for the right candidate.
In this role you’ll
- Design and shape our People & Culture Strategy and the people programs to support this.
- You’ll create an incredible employee experience so teams can be supported and empowered to do their best work.
- Deliver all aspects of talent management including establishing a robust performance management process, compensation reviews, and benefits.
- Foster a culture of continuous feedback to ensure our people are heard as we scale our business, evolve our culture and refine processes as we grow.
- Establish our onboarding and performance management processes.
- Rolling out seamless payroll and onboarding flows.
- Use best practice sourcing strategies to attract and recruit new talent to join the team.
- Develop, implement and advise the business on all HR policies.
- Develop and support all aspects of people operations to structure our company for continued growth.
- Oversee one (1) direct report which we see the successful applicant leading the recruitment of once established in the role.
- Experienced people leader with expertise in people operations.
- Proven success influencing and building capability with senior management.
- Ideally you have had experience building and developing the people function within a small/medium-sized business; or are a seasoned HR Practitioner looking for their next step.
- You are empathetic and care about helping teams thrive.
- You know that scaling a team quickly can be challenging, and the operations you put in place early will have a big impact on the culture you build.
- You have a first principles and data driven approach to solving challenges.
- Progressive understanding and approach to HR practices, Employment Law and Fair Work Act.
We are passionate about making the change from small to big – and are providing you with a canvas that you can own. We are looking for a highly skilled thinker, problem solver and doer to help us build the best employee experience for our consulting and software teams.
Pioneering this space for us, you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over our direction. We will compensate you well, help you develop, and ensure this is an exciting work experience for you. If you think you might be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility – Many of our team work part-time, allowing them to fit work around their life.
- Remote-first – Whilst we have a Melbourne-based HQ, we will support you wherever you want to work in Australia.
- Equipment – We will help support you to get the best equipment for your home office setup so you can do your best work.
If you feel you have what it takes and are excited about the opportunity to have a key people leadership role in a growing business, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this role:
To apply for this role please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com, detailing how you meet the requirements for the role and your motivation to work with us at Safety Champion and Action OHS Consulting.
As a values-driven, equal opportunity employer, Safety Champion encourages applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.