Entry Level OHS Consultant – Melbourne
We’re a rapidly growing Australian-based work health and safety software company that makes the management of health and safety obligations easier for our customers. We currently support a host of Australian and international businesses to do just this with our SaaS-based product – across a broad range of industries including retail, trades, manufacturing, mining, construction, and more.
With our foundations in workplace health and safety consulting, our generalist OHS consulting team also offer our customers a range of OHS/WHS support services, including audits, management system development, short and long term secondments, ergonomic and other technical support services, policy and procedure development, and more. As we like to say at Safety Champion, we know safety and we know software.
About the role
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic entry level health and safety professional to be part of our Growth Team. This role will be primarily responsible for assisting prospective customers to learn how Safety Champion can meet their health and safety needs, along with guiding new customers through the onboarding and implementation processes when they sign up to Safety Champion. In addition to this, there will also be opportunities to work alongside our team of senior safety consultants to support the delivery of our consulting work with a host of exciting clients across the country.
What will you be doing?
- Managing new Safety Champion Software leads through the sales funnel/customer lifecycle
- Guiding new customers through the onboarding and implementation processes, ensuring that they feel well-supported, are well-trained, see the value of Safety Champion in supporting their safety program, and that specific requirements are managed appropriately
- Managing all leads, contacts and opportunities through our CRM software on a daily basis ensuring of outstanding integrity in data entry and management
- Delivering demos, webinars, and training sessions, on-site or via webinar/meeting software
- Maintaining relationships with leads and customers on a day-to-day basis through proactive relationship management skills, seeking to achieve high sales conversion rates and 100% customer retention
- Devising and implementing innovative strategies and tactics for expanding our customer base, working with our existing Consulting and Growth Teams.
- Achieving and exceeding set targets and KPIs, as outlined and agreed.
- Working closely with our Customer Support and Communications team members to ensure customers have a smooth onboarding experience.
This is a customer facing role. We are looking for a people person – an outgoing and driven health and safety professional who loves to work with clients to solve their problems, ‘wow’ them, and cultivate strong and lasting relationships. You will be a team player and will be willing to innovate and trial new ideas to see what works to support our customers. This position is ideally suited to a health and safety professional who is looking for a target driven business development role and has a keen interest in streamlining health and safety systems through software.
You will have;
- A formal qualification in health and safety – minimum Certificate IV.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation, best practices, and awareness of the common challenges faced by businesses when it comes to safety management.
- Proven account management or customer relationship management experience – this can be from a role outside of the health and safety sector.
- Outstanding tech literacy with the ability to swiftly learn new software and programs. (Experience using Office 365, managing clients through CRM software, using health and safety software, a definite plus)
- The ability to work autonomously and plan your work independently to achieve set targets
- An ability to manage multiple customers and projects at any one given time.
- A very high attention to detail with the ability to work systematically to achieve results.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changes in the work environment.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills, including report writing, proposal preparation, presentation and consulting skills.
- The ability to influence through persuasion, clarity, and negotiation.
- A strong commitment to working in accordance with our values, mission and vision, as seen on our website; https://www.safetychampion.com.au/about-us/
Preferable skills and experience:
- Experience in sales or business development roles, in health and safety or other sector
- Experience in customer success or customer experience roles
- Experience working for a Software as a Service (SaaS) company
- Experience using health and safety software in practice
- Experience in a health and safety role in a corporate environment
Safety Champion Software is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
Safety Champion Software is committed to actively fostering a diverse, open and inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our workers, no matter their unique walk of life.
We offer flexible working hours, and encourage people returning to work to apply! We are open to both part time and full time applicants. If you believe you are the right fit – please reach out to us.