Full Stack Developer – Remote or Melbourne
We’re a rapidly growing tech start-up that provides an intuitive SAAS-based product to our customers that helps them manage their health and safety obligations with ease. We currently support a host of Australian and international businesses to do just this with our product – across the retail, mining, trades, manufacturing, and construction industries.
We believe that embedding strong and sustainable safety practices doesn’t have to be that hard. In fact, it can be easy. This was the driving principle behind Safety Champion back in 2014. Our mission is to make safety easier and more accessible to all people.
About the role
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic and experienced Full Stack Developer to be part of our development team. This role will be responsible for contributing to the design and development of our system, working alongside a small team of frontend, backend, mobile app, and full stack developers.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with teammates on a daily basis to define, design, and shape new features for our application.
- Designing and developing the backend API microservice using Node JS.
- Designing and developing the application in a secured AWS environment.
- Researching and suggesting new products, applications and protocols.
- Staying up-to-date with new technology trends.
- Keeping required documentation up-to-date, accurate and user-friendly.
- Assisting the team to continuously improve our product by raising improvement suggestions across a range of utilities including sprints, retrospectives and cross-functional team meetings.
You will have;
- 2+ years’ professional experience in a similar role
- Experience in web application frameworks, such as Angular, ReactThe ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exposure to working in accordance with Agile methodology
- Experience in designing and developing high throughput, large scale Web applications
- Experience in the development using Mongo DB
- Experience in the development in a cloud environment, with experience using AWS, Linux
- Experience in unit testing
- Willing to take new initiatives and propose new approaches to ways of working
- A very high attention to detail with the ability to work in a precise and accurate manner
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changes in the work environment
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong commitment to working in accordance with our values, mission and vision, as seen on our website; https://www.safetychampion.com.au/about-us/
Preferable skills and experience:
- Experience working in a virtual team
- Experience in AWS Lambdas
- Experience in DevOps (Docker and/or Kubernetes)
- Experience in working with frontend, Android, and iOS developers
- Experience in developing web, mobile applications
Safety Champion Software is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
Safety Champion Software is committed to actively fostering a diverse, open and inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our workers, no matter their unique walk of life.
We offer flexible working hours, and encourage people returning to work to apply! We are open to both part time and full time applicants, in Melbourne or remote working. If you believe you are the right fit – please reach out to us.